Skip to main content

50-Plus HR Club


With the MLB season coming to an end and the postseason starting, it's time to give the players their due. For Cal Raleigh, Kyle Schwarber, Shohei Ohtani, and Aaron Judge, it's the 50-plus home run club, which this is the third time in MLB history. Hats off to them.

Here's what the back of their Topps Now card says:

The 2025 MLB campaign will go down as one of the best home run-hitting years ever once the final out is made. Baseball fans have seen Cal Raleigh, Kyle Schwarber, Shohei Ohtani, and Aaron Judge all leave ballparks at least 50 times each for their respective clubs. It's only the third such time in MLB history four different players accomplished the feat (1998 & 2001).

Until then, see you at the park.

— Joe Boesch 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad Day in Baseball

The news of longtime Phillies' broadcaster Harry Kalas and former pitcher Mark "The Bird" Fidrych is just sad and puts a damper on the game. Here's a long at Kalas and Fidrych's career highlights. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 Called six no-hitters. Called Mike Schmidt's 500th home run. Every Steve Carlton start. Pete Rose's 3,631st hit. First games at the Houston Astrodome, Veteran's Stadium and Citizens Bank Park. 43rd season as a MLB broadcaster and also done NFL voice-overs. Mark "The Bird" Fidrych Debut on April 20, 1976. Final game October 1, 1980. 1976 AL Rookie of the Year 19-9, with a 2.34 ERA. Fidrych's claim to fame was that he would appear talking to the baseball and groom the pitcher's mound. Until then, see ya at the park!

Mets Need Help

This season was the Mets until they took a steep nose dive with injuries, no team chemistry and players under performing. They need help and they need it fast. The Yankees mean while are neck-and-neck with the Red Sox for first place in the AL East. This scribe is surprised but way to go. As I get used to Mobile Blogging on my Blackberry, it makes it much easier to write from anywhere. Until then, see ya at the park! Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

The Diagnosis

The Diagnosis Stage 1, but the game goes on I always cringed when I heard the word cancer. It scared me to the point of making my mind think that it's the end. I would always tell myself, I hope that in my life I never get cancer and have to deal with it.  Well, my most feared thought came true — I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Classic Seminoma.  My mind went blank, and I looked at my wife and said "Yes" after I hung up the phone with my doctor's office. I'm not going into great detail about my diagnosis, but I just want to express that it's important to get checked by a doctor when something doesn't feel right. Before I knew it, I was being rolled on a gurney into the operating room. The hardest part for me in this journey, besides telling my wife, was my family, especially my parents. In life, there are phone calls that are hard to make, and that was the hardest.  Now back to baseball and the first inning in my new game. Even though this is a baseball publi...