Skip to main content

Time for Baseball



What a way to start the 2025 season. 

The time has come for the sun to shine, the grass to be cut, and the sound of "Play ball," to be known. It's for the fresh-cut grass, the peanuts, crackerjacks, and the players themselves. This is the time of year when dreams come alive, and as we are a couple of days into the 2025 MLB season, the teams are already making noise. From the Dodgers, Red Sox, Mets and Yankees, each has one thing in mind - to win.

We must remember that it was baseball that re-energized a nation after 9/11. It's baseball that comes calling in April and showcases the Fall Classic. It's baseball that connected countries and their differences in the World Baseball Classic. Forever, baseball will be the dream. For every fan, this is the time. For every writer, this is our game to write about. This is the time we wait for so patiently for baseball, America's Pastime.

Baseball, by all accounts, is America's Pastime and the game that shapes America. This is our game, our time. The time for baseball.

Until then, see you at the park.

— Joe Boesch 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sad Day in Baseball

The news of longtime Phillies' broadcaster Harry Kalas and former pitcher Mark "The Bird" Fidrych is just sad and puts a damper on the game. Here's a long at Kalas and Fidrych's career highlights. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 Called six no-hitters. Called Mike Schmidt's 500th home run. Every Steve Carlton start. Pete Rose's 3,631st hit. First games at the Houston Astrodome, Veteran's Stadium and Citizens Bank Park. 43rd season as a MLB broadcaster and also done NFL voice-overs. Mark "The Bird" Fidrych Debut on April 20, 1976. Final game October 1, 1980. 1976 AL Rookie of the Year 19-9, with a 2.34 ERA. Fidrych's claim to fame was that he would appear talking to the baseball and groom the pitcher's mound. Until then, see ya at the park!

Mets Need Help

This season was the Mets until they took a steep nose dive with injuries, no team chemistry and players under performing. They need help and they need it fast. The Yankees mean while are neck-and-neck with the Red Sox for first place in the AL East. This scribe is surprised but way to go. As I get used to Mobile Blogging on my Blackberry, it makes it much easier to write from anywhere. Until then, see ya at the park! Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

The Diagnosis

The Diagnosis Stage 1, but the game goes on I always cringed when I heard the word cancer. It scared me to the point of making my mind think that it's the end. I would always tell myself, I hope that in my life I never get cancer and have to deal with it.  Well, my most feared thought came true — I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Classic Seminoma.  My mind went blank, and I looked at my wife and said "Yes" after I hung up the phone with my doctor's office. I'm not going into great detail about my diagnosis, but I just want to express that it's important to get checked by a doctor when something doesn't feel right. Before I knew it, I was being rolled on a gurney into the operating room. The hardest part for me in this journey, besides telling my wife, was my family, especially my parents. In life, there are phone calls that are hard to make, and that was the hardest.  Now back to baseball and the first inning in my new game. Even though this is a baseball publi...