Finally, Opening Day is here this week, and we see the return of baseball — America's Pastime.
"Swing batter, swing," the young boy yelled. "I love to say that at a baseball game." The young boy continued to enjoy the game that we know as America's Pastime. Enriched, in the mind of a young boy, is his favorite player making a diving catch or taking a full swing for a home run. It starts at a young age and continues throughout life. This is baseball, and one of the reasons why I love the game.
My love for the game began when I was young and had the dream of being a Major League baseball player. I love the nostalgia of the game and what it stands for. Forever in my mind is the bedroom I created when I lived at my parent's home — pictures, stories, autographed baseballs, bats and hats decorated around. I lived the game, dreamed the game, and treasured the game.
Everything the game stands for will come to light, from the yelling of "Play Ball" to the crack of the bat. Now we will embrace those late Summer nights listening to the game on the radio cheering on our favorite team and player. To the announcers calling the play-by-play and the beat writers writing their story to appear in print with their byline. This is what baseball is all about.
Baseball is back! As the saying goes, "I live for this!" On Thursday we all live again — the baseball fan, scribe, player and kids.
Baseball returns! Hallelujah!
Comments
Post a Comment